Monday, May 5, 2008

Student Life Bliss

I am presently in Vrindavan, relaxing, and chilling in the not-so-chilly Vraj. How nice to be back! Everyone is anticipating the upcoming Chandan Yatra and the devotees are enthusiastically making the sandal wood paste for the Lord.
As I am here, I am recovering from all the stress and hard work of my Hindi exams in Jaipur. Here are a few memories of my academic year which I have just completed.

Govindadev! He is certainly the king of Jaipur! It is a great priviledge to be able to have His darsan on a daily basis. Jaipur people certainly beat everyone in their level of devotion to Govinda.
Me - always busy, always on the go. Picture taken secretly by my friend Zain.
Zain and Emily - fellow Londoners, SOAS students and my Jaipur flatmates. This table was the centre of the life in our house!

And this is how it looked just prior to the exams!

We cleared the table occasionally - just as here, when we decided to have a tennis tournament of the Jaipur, Jawahar Nagar district, sector 6! Of course we had to prepare for our exams, maukhik prastutis (oral presentations), write final projects (oh, don't I just love typing in Hindi?) and learn all the sanskrit, urdu, pharsi, and hindi prefixes and sufixes. But how not to refuse the game?

Emily always won!

Indian educational system means: if you are late = you are dead! Here are Zain's precautions to avoid the troubles at school.

Me, friend Louise and some of my Hindi teachers, relaxing after the examination was over.

This is how Zain rated my scooter driving skills.

And me again - living my busy student life. Picture taken at 2.30 am, and no, I didn't just get up to go for mangala-arati. I just didn't have time to go to sleep yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL The description of you driving a scooter is awsome! LOL.

Oscar

Anonymous said...

kya baat hai!! scooter and and and and.... such a gr8 note of wake up instructions. maja aa gaya ;) lol