Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Item Girl

Did you ever feel you were an item girl? Well, I am not speaking here of item girls doing a 5 minute song-flick-thing in a Bollywood movie. There is other type of item girls. Here in India if you are white and a westerner - you are an item! If you are blond - you are high value item! Everyone wants to speak to you, take a photo with you, invite you for functions so that they can show you off to their friends and family. Watch out for the wedding season - there is nothing more powerful than having a few white videshis dancing in your bharat (wedding procession)! Everyone will look, whoooohaaaa - you made your statement, and increased your local status by 6 points! White people around you - you must have money, charm, style, and connections! And maybe you can even manage to leave India on their invitation and become and NRI! Wah, wah, wah!
But tell you one thing, guys - as much as I am white and blond (and truly hope that I am not one of those 'thick blondes'!), I have no money, no status, no home in foreign land. I am completely useless. Oh, maybe I should then hook up with some wealthy industrialist over here. What a great idea, wah, wah, wah!

5 comments:

Roheeth....Here to spread Krsna Cons. said...

Hare Krsna Mata Ji..

Why did you write something like this? Since we are in krsna cons. than we should ignore all these situation and also should forgive these conditional souls.

Daas
Rohit

Avadhuta-priya dasi said...

I wrote it because it is part of indian culture that I live in, that's all. I like to speak sharp sometimes. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Slodka Avadhuta przeciez nawet chwila twojego towarzystwa jest wiecej warta niz cale bogactwo swiata! wah wah wah - alez ze mnie poet... caluski Adhirek

Unknown said...

hi ..... you said quite right . but this is not all the time ... thats all about the laws of attraction which one have towards apposite .its not the question of skin color . by bringing it up you giving a matchstick to coal.. there are so many examples where guys from west yeah from the whitish people i am talking about had prefered to marry an indian girl just by attracting towards her by her simplicity.....
and if you are talking about the show up of guys here with you people is just a show up of there sense of well coming ...they want to shoe that they have lovely guests like you ....

Anonymous said...

I have not to say much but Your post makes me sad, and I feel the evil thoughts lean and moan around you, I feel you a little troubled and wish I could have spoken you a while..On purpose I do it now.

When the petals of the flowers blossom around you, you turn your head to-and-fro, Don't be distressed maiden, with a Hindi name.. and don't forget you are living in such a country where already live a billion men.

You're an item. That worths a post but that's not the creativity you seek for..You have not read the history of Free India today. We love our guests..and tell me where and in which country you can find so much love ..

Moon is not flawless. The rays of the Sun has dark bands.. but madame, in your words I feel sarcasm.. don't be impatient for love or its just a fall.

I agree that cobblers have a fine sense of skins. Desi or Videsis... yes Indians are the most curious minds, and somehow foreigners attract us..but its mutual. No attraction goes one-way.

You have heard of age-less mind. But I'd suggest you to get older as soon as you can and Think when a word lingers your being..think again and again before you finger words

Thank You. I like how you see it :)