Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jaipur Literature Festival

Last week we celebrated in Jaipuir a Literature Festival. Event was great, hosted in Diggi Palace. Oxford and Penguin publishers had various book stalls, but certainly the best part of the festival were the interviews with various writers (ie. William Darlymple, who writes extensivelly about India), film producers and so on. Every evening was crowned by a live music performance. But, for me, the biggest highlight was Aamir Khan and Anoushka Shankar! I am crazy about Aamir, thus together with my friends we made sure we came to his talk. Here we are all excited: Beck, Emily, Zain, Jinet and his wife Melissa.


And here are some pictures of Aamir that I took myself (I posed to be a member of the press and was happily clicking away 1 meter from Aamir!).




Anoushka gave a great performance at the Central Park! Fest for the ears!







No comments: