Monday, October 27, 2008

How much are you worth?

Recently I have spent countless hours writing my CV, updating it and making various forms of the same, boring CV document. Trust me - I prefer to write up a 5000 words essay than dive into the challenge of CV writing boredom. It is an art - how much do you sell yourself for? How much of yourself can you advertise on the first page of your CV, before fed up Human Resources manager will be prompted to put you in the 'No' file? How many people do you need to outstand and outnumber to get to the top? And how not to run out of steam in the meantime? Tough questions for the tough living in the mainstream of our human society. Some people have competitiveness in their blood. I don't. When I used to train target shooting I never wanted to compete against the others. But the cruel world is not set up like that.
So how much are we worth at the end of the day? Now see the crude reality.
Forget your CV. Die quickly so you can save some money on your exit.
I took this picture recently in Kolkata Crematorium near Kali Ghat.

1 comment:

Vishakha Dasi said...

Good one. I didn't realize the wooden pyre was more expensive. I better start saving up.